No Beef Here: LaTavia Roberson Hails Queen Bey’s Super Bowl Performance

Millions of fans cheered on Beyonce Knowles as she and Destiny’s Child rocked the Super Bowl Halftime Show on Sunday.
But perhaps no one was more proud of Queen Bey than her former groupmate, LaTavia Roberson.
“Obviously, seeing Beyonce perform was the highlight for me,” Roberson, who departed Destiny’s Child in 2000, told Celebuzz Monday in an exclusive interview. “I got a real surprise when both Kelly [Rowland] and Michelle [Williams] both
popped-up on the stage like that.”
Roberson says she was at a housewarming party in Atlanta when she saw the show.
“I thought they all looked great and did a good job with their dance moves,” she said. “Beyonce was especially amazing. She looked fabulous and her voice was really strong. During the performance somebody texted me to say they could not hear Kelly and Michelle sing. It was so noisy in the house where we watched the performance that I did not really notice anything wrong. But who knows? They probably had some technical problems.”
Roberson and the group’s other original member, LeToya Luckett, were replaced by Williams and Farrah Franklin in 2000, before the group became three shortly after.
Despite the exit, Roberson says she holds no ill-wills today even though, in 2002, she and another Destiny’s Child member, LeToya Luckett, filed a federal lawsuit against the group, contending the hit song “Survivor” made derisive comments about them.
“It was great to see them all performing together and I have no bitter or bad feelings toward any of those women. I wish them all the best,” she said. “I am at a good place in my life and things always work out for a reason. I am working on several projects with both acting and music that are exciting to me.”
In fact, she says she still keeps in touch with members of the group.
“I actually saw Kelly at a mutual friend’s graduation in Atlanta last summer and we had fun catching up on old times – I am pleased that Destiny’s Child got back together for the Super Bowl – the fans seemed to really enjoy it too!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

GIRLYBLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY Xotohp